28 November 2010

Ouran High/Urgent Prayers

PART ONE:


I've been rewatching Ouran High, and it never fails to crack me up. 


You know usually when someone puts a female character in the middle of a bunch of guys, it pisses you off to a certain extent. Maybe not so angry that you'd bash the computer, but at least angry enough to hate that aforementioned female character.


Not Haruhi. (By that I do NOT mean Haruhi Suzumiya)


What I love about here: 
1) Her -.- face. But be serious. Everyone loves that face, especially on a girl. 
2) Her... everything. You ever seen a girl like her in any anime? Really doubt it. 


PART TWO: (skipping a lot of OURAN things because the stupid parental controls have me rushed for time.)


http://www.urgentprayers.com/


Check the link out. It's full of prayers. A list of prayers for strangers.


Okay, let me phrase this in a better way... It's a website for Christians to put their prayers on, so that random Christian strangers can pray for them. 


How nice, awww.... It's so touching.


NO.


Take a closer look: one example -> Need money fast for christmas. R


Nice. 


I won't comment on their lack of grammar and spelling abilities, because that is petty and wholly unneeded. However, I will comment on their (the people who post the 'urgent' prayers there) wishful thinking that praying to a god will help them settle everything.


I mean everything. Like financial problems, physical problems... hey, it's not me making stuff up, I'm quoting here.


"Jesus please feel merciful for my son's forehead. He hitted into a sharp object. And now its bleeding, swollen, infected and painful. Lord please help him out. Thank you in the name of Jesus Christ I pray amen"


I believe a hospital or a clinic would be of more help. Of course, you could always pray this while sitting in the ambulance on your way to the hospital, but once you've seen the doctor... yeah, don't see how this will help after that.


"Lord please pray for my study nail and accounting. Lord I am so confuse now don't know which ones I will do for living. Jesus please open the door for my career, business and job opportunies. Thank you in the name of Jesus Christ I pray amen."


CHOOSE. BE PRACTICAL. How will praying to someone help you to decide on your career? Maybe it makes sense to you, but certainly not to logical people. Like me.


"Lord please teach my husband knows how to care for kids, me, loyal and faithful, share house work with me, and listen to me. 

Dispel him from lady temptation, image, bad friend influences, gamble, tell lies, facebook addiction with ladies, and his other bad habbits. amen"


That's a description of your husband? Please, divorce him. Or check him into some kind of intensive care. Or, here's another thought. DEAL WITH HIM YOURSELF. 

So what if I sound like someone without a real life, criticizing other peoples' beliefs. That's actually what I am, and I don't see how that's any business of yours.

But that aside, I find it really, really sad that people believe a simple prayer can turn their life around. I mean, if by praying they can change their mindset and then go and divorce their husband/get a proper job/go to the freaking hospital, then by all means do that.

However it's over the top if hundreds and hundreds (or thousands or millions, I don't know, I didn't check and they didn't say it on the website) of people start posting random prayers in the faint hope that a fellow Christian from seriously-god-knows-where will pray for them. 

Oh yeah. Pray for them without knowing their names. 

Or anything.

If they were to leave their names or something, then at least those who are in financial trouble can hope for a rich person to take pity on them or something, but no. 

I find it really sad. 

I could cry.

But since crying is too messy and overrated, I think I'll settle for just feeling sad for those delusional people. 

Yeah, in the end I'll just remain the sarcastic hypocrite I always was. Thanks and good night. 

(Always hated time zones. The stupid things.)

No comments:

Post a Comment