17 November 2010

Hopeful! *SQUEE*

Ah, I may have finally persuaded my parents to let me spend an insane amount of money on a cosplay costume. MAY. It involved sweet-talking, forced smiles, headaches and suppressed headaches, and not to mention many promises... which I'm probably never gonna keep, but let's not reveal that yet.

The bad part is, my mother is DEAD SET on forbidding me to go. Weird, because yesterday when I was talking about it with her, she was smiling and all.

Anyway, dad: step one, talk in a very reasonable, logical tone and make lots of logical and normal-sounding statements explaining why I want to cosplay.

Step two, cue mother and illogical assumptions that cosplayers don't study, are stupid, and will all grow up to be arrested and put in jail.

Step three: start getting emotional, yet explain (still reasonable, still logical, remember, no tears yet) that it is very unfair to group all of them in a single group, circumstances vary (A LOT, OKAY, MOM???).

Step four: finally start crying a little when, (cue!) mother starts being bitchy and PMS-ish and uhh... mom-ish. Cue 'poor-little-me' sentences. (still very logical, still reasonably reasonable)

Step five:... whatever goes.

Step six: get dad to persuade mom.

Step seven: hope for success.

(You know what, I'm really happy it ended at step seven cuz I really like the number seven. )

No comments:

Post a Comment