3 March 2012

Stress and/or Dehydration

I keep having nosebleeds lately. I have no idea why.

The pile of bloody tissues that I've accumulated today.

Before you ask, yes, that's real blood. As to why it isn't appropriately red - I have some issues with haemoglobin. Iron deficiency, if I'm not wrong. I took a bunch of blood tests last year. 

School here starts in January, and last month (Feb) I had a nosebleed. I was in the toilet, and I turned around, and suddenly blood was dripping from my nose onto the tiles. As to why there isn't a photo of that - I'm more concerned about stopping the bleeding than taking pictures to validate my claims.

A few days ago, at school, I was sitting in the auditorium when I had a nosebleed. Again. Some seniors sitting behind me offered me a packet of tissues, which I kind of snatched from their hands. And I didn't say thanks. As to why I didn't show any gratefulness - I was very very preoccupied with preventing the blood from dripping onto my all-white uniform. I value a clean uniform more than the happiness of some unknown seniors.

And today, at home...

Well, I had two nosebleeds. The picture of the bloody tissues is from the second nosebleed.

There's this (and this too) article which says that nosebleeds (also known as epistaxis) are a sign of stress. Something about blood pressure and stuff. I kind of think this theory might be true, because I haven't had any nosebleeds for about two years or more. The past two years were relatively stress-free. This year is definitely not.
 
When I say "stress-free", it simply means that I don't have to work at all to get good results. It does not indicate my stress level in the least.

I'm severely stressed out. I'm not someone who shows signs of stress. I'm not someone who even thinks about stress. I prefer to think about how angry and sleep-deprived my homework and schedule makes me, and spend my time being hateful to innocent children.

But this year - oh, dear god, fuck. I haven't adjusted to the new schedule, the new classmates, or the new... everything. And I have to take notes. 

Take notes, I say. I do not take notes. I stare blankly into space or maybe write fanfiction during class, but I do not take notes. It says a lot about my current situation if I've started taking notes, of all things.

This means that I have to study (a little) to get my marks. Which I do not like. At all. It stresses me out.

Or something.

I can't really think straight right now because I'm a little dizzy from the blood loss. I'm serious.

Anyway, I know that I'm a lot more stressed this year.

Or maybe I'm dehydrated. I'm always rushing off to do stuff at school (mostly copying homework) so I hardly drink water. But I drink two glasses of water in the morning, and I drink a bottle of carbonated drink during lunch, and I drink more water when I get home.

I'm not sure. It could be enough or it might not be.

... 

...

I'm just going to end this post here. I'm not sure what the point is, or if this post is actually going somewhere, but I'm really dizzy and my fingers are tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment