23 June 2011

Orihime

I don't like her. As in, I'd be happy if she disappeared.

To clear up one thing: no, not boob-envy. I don't envy people with astonishingly large bosoms.

She's just a weak character - typically, the kind-hearted female who has really good intentions. How is that a Mary Sue? Basically because in reality, few are as nice as her in real life - Ichigo's sister Yuzu I can believe, but not at Orihime's age. Heyy look none of my friends are like her. They're either more selfish or more bitchy, or mostly both. Orihime is entirely non-believable.

(I love my friends. Because I'm probably more selfish and bitchy than them lol.)

Another thing is that she has those powers, but they're too weak to be substantial. When you put Ichigo next to her - no need for any comparison. You can argue that her powers were brought about by Ichigo's reiastsu so of course it's weaker - hello? What's the point of developing a character with minor powers...

Oh hell, wait. Soten Kisshun, rejection of reality? That's amazing, that really is. You mean she can do whatever she wants with that?

How fucking Sue-ish is that?

But anyway, why am I hating on her when there's Ichigo? Forever getting more powerful, forever defeating the big bad guys... Ichigo's tolerated because he's human. As in, he's brash and crude and perverted and violent - real life, anyone? But also very kind-hearted, although as the macho man of the series he can't be given the ability to talk about his feelings... hurhur.

His hero-complex is because of his mother's death, his two younger siblings, and a deep dark desire to stop seeing people get hurt because... oh noes, spiraling into fanfiction here.

The personal part is here: Orihime annoys me because she tends to say things - "Oh XXX don't do that! Ichigo will be hurt/injured/mortally wounded/or die!" and look at the character... I fucking hate people who just stand and stare while their good intentions fly over the head of someone who doesn't give a fuck about what they say... If you want them to stop, fucking go over and pull them away. If you don't go over and fucking pull them off, then you'd better be happy that the person is getting tortured. Because in my book, once you commit the fatal error of screaming out your good intentions while having the ability to stop it but standing by because of... something...? Then I'll be the one happy girl who laughs at your dead body.

And Ichigo is different because he rushes into action - not that it's good, but doing is better than using your stupid mouth and sitting on your stupid butt. Orihime, fuck a horse.

The typical helpless female and the typical all-powerful male... guess what, I don't like helpless females. I like Karin. I love Karin. I am Karin's fangirl.

I like Rukia. I love Rukia. I am Rukia's fangirl.

I fucking love Matsumoto too, how about that?

2 comments:

  1. Here's something I just stumbled upon:
    http://hated-character.livejournal.com/429611.html

    I do think Orihime is a Sue though. Some of the Sue traits they list apply to Orihime despite their attempts to disprove she's not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *prove, is what I meant.

    ReplyDelete