12 June 2011

Katy Perry/Rebecca Black

Rebecca Black was trending on twitter again, so out of fear that something bad would happen, (like another song). I checked it out.


Katy sings it. SO. MUCH. BETTER. The tune - people say she's purposely singing it out of tune, but the way I'm seeing it, she's only improving it. She's cool. Katy Perry is cool. "Fun, fun, fun, fun," yes, Katy says, I'm counting your number of 'fun's. Either way it doesn't matter much, because she makes the song sound way better than Rebecca Black ever did - which is saying something because Rebecca's the original singer, and I always think the original singer makes the song sound better.

Yes, lyrics are still shit. Blame the fucking composer, but hey, Katy Perry made me like Friday. Just a bit more. Just enough to not make me want to kill something upon hearing the opening lines.

Here's another one that sounds better than Rebecca.



Ohohoho this one's about church, and God, and worship, which is something I think is goddamn fucking ridiculous - just sayin'. But this girl, who's younger than Rebecca Black (I think so, certainly looks like it) sings it better. Tho' it's still autotuned, still crappy because the song was basically made to be crappy, this girl sings it better.

..............................*SIGH*

No comments:

Post a Comment