13 June 2012

Productive Day!!!11! Handcraft thingies

I was lazing around on the bed when I clicked on a link and was redirected to a cute page about handcrafts. I like handcrafts. They're better than homework. Anyway, it was a cute handcraft thing. http://bkids.typepad.com/bookhoucraftprojects/2012/01/diy_treasure-book_crafts_kids_paper.html%20
I actually decided to do it, so here I am. I did the entire thing. I finished it.

I was missing several things, like glassine bags (okay what are those even) and craft paper/magazines/colour paper. But it isn't even very complicated... I just don't do magazines/colour paper/craft paper (what are craft papers seriously).

Okay, the glassine bags/envelopes thing. Since I didn't have any, and I really didn't want to leave the house to get some, I decided to make my own.

I made six of them

It's just normal A4 paper

I cut it up so that it'd be smaller

The bottom is cloth tape

I used an A4 piece of white paper and cut it into three parts. (The paper would be vertical, the cuts would be horizontal.) Then I took the smaller ones and folded them into three, then folded the folds at the sides, then glued it with glue, then taped the bottom shut. Confusing instructions? Yes. But they're not actually meant to be followed, I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere for these things.

After I stopped cackling insanely because it looked nice, I went back to making the cover as the instructions said. Since I have no colour paper/magazines/craft paper, I used black construction paper.

I stuck the 'bags' together just like the instructions said

Though I think I stuck the beginning and the end wrongly

This is how thick it ended up being

And then I punched holes and threaded some 'cord' through
A cat clip to hold the 'cord' thing together
I glued the cord/string/thing to the paper

It's black and white because I don't do colour. Hah. Also this is how my desk looks like now:


I had fun. And I stole some of my mother's string. Because I didn't have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment