14 July 2011

Response - Hilary Duff - Elixir

THE FUCK SHE WROTE A BOOK. I saw it at the library today too, and it shocked me so much that I had to make a separate post all about it.

...Okayy, just finished reading it. I'm not sure if I'm being judgmental about it (because she's a singer and actress and I might be biased against those kind of people becoming writers) but the book is boring and typical. It wasn't really climatic and actually I only borrowed and read it because I was kinda surprised...

Frankly the plot is actually fine. Cliche, of course, as it is with two guys and one girl whom they both love, but acceptable. I don't mind it. But the writing is another matter.

It seems like she collaborated with this other person Elise Allen or something - but...http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/124004433 yes, lifeless. I didn't even identify with the character - not that I need to identify with characters to like a book but this Clea was just a piece of blank paper. -.- There wasn't enough development ...

I realized that Clea annoys me, because she's not exactly a thinking individual with a logical brain. Seriously, you go off oh yes I love you let's have sex in my best friend's car, with someone you thought (or still think) is a serial killer and have no proof that he isn't? Oh but you love him. Of course. After seeing him appear in your photos, all the way back to when you were a baby. And he appears in your dreams.

Enough stereotypes, Hilary, this book is a turn-off. You might have had a good plot but your writing wasn't mature enough to support it. Hell, maybe if you'd taken more time with the writing, or read it from an outsider's point of view, then you might have rewritten parts to convince the reader better. Because I'm not convinced. And I'm so much younger than you it's not funny.

I'm getting irritated here, because I realized that I've wasted my time reading that book.

And the way it ends. So what if there's a sequel - or more than one sequel - on the way. I demand a proper ending. I'm not sure if you understand, but a novel is supposed to end with an ending. Not a string of words to make way for the second 'novel' - if you wanted to do that, then you should've combined both book one and two into a single novel and called them parts one and two.

Because really your ending is nothing. Actually the whole book is nothing because I don't feel anything. Nothing. Your vocabulary could be faked with a thesaurus - hell, go ahead, I use it sometimes too - but your writing can never be faked. The way you write just doesn't move people and I repeat, you go for the emotions. But you don't in this book because you can't, and goddamn it frustrates me-

Fuck this, I give up on being nice. Your writing sucks. You or Elise Allen or whoever. It sucks. Plain enough?

Can't you explain properly instead of repeating - I can't seee, but I can feeeeeeeel... I'm movingggg...

Really? So why can you not tell us what you feel? And how the fuck do you know you're moving? Is it because you've got a carsick-ish feel and want to throw up? Or what? And the fuck do you mean by Sage keeps showing up in stupid photos related to her? Tell us, fuck it, are you writing a novel or making money? Are you writing a novel or a prequel? Fuck, because it sounds like an extremely long and tiring prequel.

I don't like this book. It doesn't explain anything. It leaves me with so many questions that for all it's worth, it is really just a prequel.

Ew.

Get the book away from me. I regret picking it up just 'cause I liked her music somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment