12 July 2011

Bitch I Hate Blood Tests (Anaemia)

OHGOD if you force me to take another one I'll fucking kill you.

(More later, still traumatized)

Later:

Had to get a blood test because my mother thought I had Dengue fever. And because I really fuckin' hate blood tests, I threw a fit and started crying when the woman doctor wanted to stick a needle in my arm and, thanks so much, take some of my blood outside my body, where it belongs.

In case you didn't know, the needle goes into the inside part of your elbow - how do I even call that thing?

In the end she pricked my finger and squeezed it (multiple times) and dripped the poor droplets of blood into a container - it was tiny but try calling anything tiny when you're there trying to fill it up with your blood.

Oh, and it was the middle finger on my left hand. What does this mean? It means that I can't actually press my middle finger too hard onto anything or it'll hurt like fucking hell. And what does that mean? It means that I'll be getting a lot of practice holding my my middle finger these coupla days. (My mother says it'll be fine in two days but NO. NEVER TRUST YOUR MOM. Moms' sensations of pain are different from yours, their's have been dulled by years of child-raising.)


By the way, the prick on the finger is for babies. I saw a girl at least three years younger than me take the needle in the... inside of the elbow. I am a baby. I must be indulged.

Well, if you see me around with my middle finger raised, don't hesitate to give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's 'cause my finger is fragile. ;P

It turns out that my haemoglobin count is low - the norm is about 12 to 15, but mine was 11.5, it means that I'm either not eating enough of something, or I have some disease and I'm gonna die young. My mother used to be a nurse, and the news freaked her out ;P Apparently most people with that disease die really young. (Idk what it's called in english, we spoke in chinese.)

Iron-deficiency anaemia, or just anaemia, actually. Women need 14.8mg per day while men only need 8.7mg. How unfair.

Symptoms...

·  Tiredness
·  Weakness
·  Shortness of breath
·  Pale skin
·  Lightheadedness
·  Headache
·  Feeling cold
·  Rapid heartbeat and chest pain

Ouch dude, I had basically all those symptoms. Sucks ass.



Oh and btw a lot of fanfictions use anaemia. Lol lol idk but it seems so funny to me right now. Hurhur.


/EDIT:/ Wait did she mean I might have sickle-cell anaemia? 'Cause that kinda reduces my life expectancy by roughly half. If the doctor was referring to this disease, then it explains why she was asking my mother if anyone in my family had *that disease* whose english name I'm still not sure of.


... Actually now I'm sure it's iron-deficiency, because wiki told me a low MCV, MCH and MCHC count was usual for iron-deficiency, and I have all three. My platelets count is normal, though - wiki says it's common, but whatever. Oh and my RDW count is high, as wiki expected.


Hmm. Anaemia? Does that mean I can skip out on my UG activities? No real motive, just wondering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment