14 June 2010

The Heaven Paradox

You know what? I can't stand it anymore. I don't get the point of the Bible.


First: why did god make us? Hm? 


Okay, maybe I'm doing this because if there's a hell, I'll be going there, definitely, but a concept like Heaven should just stay like that - a concept. I don't think there should be a heaven. It creates all sort of problems that should be left behind when we die.


What I think human life should be: fleeting, at least in the eyes of eternity. There's just no point in striving for perfection forever, is there? If our lives are short and over in the blink of an eye, we'd actually be motivated to do something. 


Look at it this way. We're here on Earth to...? Supposedly we're here to spread God's word, praise him, and well, basically ... if he wasn't called God, I rather think we'd call him narcissistic. 


This is an answer I found on http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071008070046AAclbqc


I hope you find the best answer to suit you, but listen to people who actually read it and use other than those who condemn - they don't read it and don't know why they use it.


Gosh, I wonder. Why do people always assume those who condemn the bible don't read or understand it? Why would they condemn it if they hadn't read or understood it? I grew up in a family where my dad, mom, and now brother are all Christians. I was a Christian briefly.


Now tell me why I don't believe. It's complicated, to say the least. Atheists would say there's no god, but I think there might be a god. Christians say God is the only god. Well, who says there's only one. Who says that He's the only one either?


Argument: THE FUCKING BIBLE SAYS SO, IDIOT.


Why do you believe the bible? The most important question isn't answered.


PEOPLE, THE BIBLE WAS 


SUPPOSEDLY WRITTEN BY


MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN 


MANY DIFFERENT ERAS. WHO

THE FUCK COMPILED THE 


THING THEN?


Gosh, I really don't know.


Fuck you then. You have no reason to believe the stupid book if you don't even know how it miraculously came about. Maybe it seems like a tiny detail to you, but to non-believers it's huge. 


How the hell did people get the things together? Forget that, HOW THE FUCK DID THEY UNDERSTAND THE WORDS??? Don't you think that maybe those people who wrote the bible wrote it in different languages as well? 


Really.


But let's not go there.


The question today is, why Heaven is stupid.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080927155107AAveqWC


I know heaven will be all laughs and giggles but when it comes down to it isn't it still pointless? You don't matter, all you'll be is some careless, mindless spirit doomed to aimlessly roam heaven for the rest of eternity.

The thought of such a place is very unsettling to me.



Me too, amigo, whoever you are. I love you. That was exactly what I wanted to say. "Doomed to roam Heaven".


"God mentioned the streets of gold and everything"

Ok, I'd be sick of gold after the first few months... An eternity of that glittery junk would really be torture.



This person's gotta be my twin. 


"I think it has a point because u won't just be roaming around heaven you'll be living life the same way we do today"

No certainly not. Whats the point of working if you don't need money? You can't starve to death or be put out of your house so why get out of bed? If you can't be miserable there will be no pursuit happiness. No one would bother getting out of bed if they could be perfectly happy there for an eternity.



Yes, what will you do then?


This person answered, Scripture says that "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man all of the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." An infinite God will have all kinds of things to interest us. For example, those who are scientists will have an entire new universe to explore and learn about God's creation. Artists will have an entire universe to inspire great works of art. There will be hundreds of millions of people to meet and get to know. And hundreds of millions of angels to meet, as well. ETC. There will be no end to the possibilities. Scripture says we cannot even begin to imagine the things which God has in store for us. I am sure it will not be pointless and become boring.


Scientists can learn about new creations. Okay. Then? With that new knowledge what'd they do? They can't invent things, Heaven is perfect and all they'll ever need is there. No need for more inventions. Neither can you brag about that knowledge, because bragging is baaad, and Heaven is perfect, so baaadness is not allowed.


If you meet new people, chances are they'll be infinitely boring. They're in Heaven, after all, and what's people without a little bit of guilt and sin to make them interesting?

Tell me why you watch dramas or anime, or things of that sort. 



Well, I'll tell YOU. Cuz there's sin, and crying, and drama, and murder. If there isn't then it wouldn't be interesting, if it's not interesting then the tv companies don't make money, therefore, whatever they, the companies, churn up, that has to be what we're interested in.


Wait. But in Heaven... that's right people. Heaven ain't like nothing you've ever seen. It's not even human creation (oh but wait again, I forget that the earth, the entire fucking EARTH, is God's creation). 


We've failed on Earth, no? Pollution, kidnapping, all those shit. What we forget is that heyy... we're God's creations. God's creations failed. Therefore God cannot be perfect, because perfection does not fail. 


Huh. Actually, I dare you. Convince me why God is good, and Heaven is great. If I can argue that with logic, you have failed, and thus God's creation fails again.


The only thing I can't argue is blind faith, but Blind Faith has a sibling, which is called Blind Refusal to Listen, and if I argued with that, we'd go nowhere.


Gosh, look at the earth. God should go to hell for negligence, I'm actually disgusted at the divine being. If he knows what we're going to do before we know it ourselves, then stop those damned murderers


But no, tell me. Solve the Heaven Paradox without using the words 'I don't know' or 'we're not meant to know/understand' or 'you'll know when you're there' (STOP. I have established that I'll go to hell, it's doubtful that I'll even see the Pearly Gates.)


What I want, is for you Christians to tell me why Heaven is not stupid. I'm not against it or anything, I just don't get it. I want to answer the question WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment