5 June 2014

model united nations

So I attended my first MUN not as a delegate, but as the press.

Somehow, coincidentally, both my CCAs ended up being press-related. The editorial club and photography club were both asked to cover the three-day event, so I spent the first two days typing down everything the Human Rights Council said, and then frantically trying to write an article to be printed for the next day, and the last day roaming around five venues all alone because my partner photographer was sick.

The editorial club had three issues: pre-MUN, first day, and second day. Why wasn't the third day covered? Because no one cares. There's no fourth day to read the third day's news.

Also I found my favourite delegate in a suit (MUNs are suit galores and I feast my eyes): the DPRK delegate of HRC. He wears a suit really well (I think he just has good posture and body language) and he's kind of evil-looking, which it seems only I can appreciate (as tragically others do not share my views).

Unsurprisingly almost everyone who looked older than me turned out to be younger. This is a travesty and I should hurry up and look a bit more mature.

(If I put your face up but you don't want your face up please tell me and I will take it down.)

fancy gavel and everything. mainly used for faux-serious "laughing is not in order"

much shenanigans. also many motions to "adjourn debate for lunch" and motion to exile UK delegate intermittently for reasons unknown to me (but it was probably for passing notes with pick-up lines) 

my favourite DPRK 

look at all the people in the HRC

pretty girl

enthusiastic voting amidst much laughter

editorial club's newsletter featuring the mock supervolcano eruption crisis

love for a male notepasser

my angelin baby

No comments:

Post a Comment