19 June 2013

hello, haze (again)

So basically country A clears their land via burning of useless crops, large-scale, and their smoke blows over to country B, who has to tolerate country A's stupid as fuck inability to deal with their country for the sake of delicate diplomatic relations.

I live on the nineteenth floor, and I used to be able to look out from my window and see everything all the way to the harbour and beyond. Nowadays, I can't even see the little patch of trees downstairs. Driving is pretty much a hazardous activity. A friend drove around at night and said that it was the most terrifying experience she's ever had, because she couldn't see anything. Outdoor activities have basically all been cancelled.

Well, thank you, country A. 

I wonder if the collective residents of country B can sue country A's government for harming their health? That would be about five million pissed off people mobilised. (lol)

I'm just trying not to breathe much. I hide away in air-conditioned places for as long as I can, so... 

Take a look:


See the patch of land across the water? When there's no haze, I can see exactly what clothes the people over there are wearing.

Can you feel the sheer amount of air pollution from this one picture?

Update: PSI is over three hundred the next day, setting a new record high. Thank you, country A. The air I'm breathing now is officially hazardous, through no action or inaction of my own. 

Second update: it crossed over four hundred, and is officially "life-threatening". Thank you, country A.

(Will post picture of view from window when the haze is over for comparison. You will see what I'm talking about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment