26 November 2012

a ridiculous female who doesn't like me not liking religion, apparently

I am amused and a little angry right now, because someone reported my facebook statuses to my school. They said it was religious intolerance or some other ridiculous thing.

Look, if you have a problem with me, then tell me. What do you think my school's going to do? What CAN my school do? Ask me to delete my account? In which case I'll just make a new one, thank you very much. If you're too pathetic and weak to tell me what you think, then whatever. You have an issue with ME, tell ME about it, not my school. I think that's kind of elementary.

And the anonymity isn't working very well. I've kept both my school name and real name off my facebook - I've never even explicitly stated which country I'm in, so this means that the person was someone who knows me personally, not only as an online persona. Oops! What a narrow list of people.

And here's more details: those two statuses were posted on my account, NOT to a page, NOT to someone else's wall, NOT to a group. If that doesn't scream "personal opinion", then you have more issues than I thought you did. I did NOT mention anyone's name, I did NOT mention any religion, and I did NOT mention a race. That's as vague as anyone can get while remaining coherent.

I don't understand how a vague status about religion and religious people can offend you to such an extent that you feel the need to email my school. In case you didn't know, this is called the internet, and there are worse things than female teenage atheists who think religion is more than very ridiculous. Or was that the swearing? Were vulgarities a little too harsh for your sensitive eyes? Get off the internet! Get a filter!

I don't understand what you're trying to achieve by emailing the school, but I'm afraid that your entire point has been diluted to nothing by passing through a third party. This issue is between YOU and ME, in no way does it involve my school. Get that into your brain, please. You are a ridiculously touchy woman/girl, and this issue is nothing more than an annoying inconvenience.

It DID make me laugh for quite some time, so thanks for that, anyway.

I have no idea how anyone thought that complaining to my school would be a viable solution - hint: it is not. Maybe reporting me to facebook, or messaging me, or something like that, but emailing the school? Oh my, hardcore. Did you think I would be suspended or something for having opinions? Oh I'm sorry, maybe next time when I say that I don't like warm drink. Maybe then you can report me for intolerance of temperature, I don't know.

Full explanation of statuses, because I do not regret posting them, do not regret having those opinions, and I do not regret anything about them, basically, because regret is against my principles of life - regret is a horrible, wimpy, pointless emotion. Also this is why I'm pissed at that female - and not apologetic about offending her. Life offends everyone, my dear.



"I don't know how to tolerate religion, I just get passive-aggressive."

Let me make a little longer: I dislike religion. A lot. I never fail to be irritated by it. The presence of religion makes me angry. (Why it makes me angry, though, would require a post about three times as long as this one to explain.)

Here's the definition of "intolerant": unable or unwilling to endure... unwilling to grant equal right of expression... unwilling to grant/share rights.



Here's the definition of "tolerate": to endure or resist the action of (as a drug or food) without serious side effects or discomfort... to allow to be or to be done without prohibition, hindrance, or contradiction... to put up with.



Now, in case I'm misunderstood (which I fear I already have been), "I don't know how to tolerate religion" means "I don't know how to endure religion", or "I can't put up with religion". Not "I don't know how to grant equal right of expression to religion", or "I don't know how to allow religion to be/to be done without prohibition..." etc.

Simply put: I am irritated by religion. Very much so.

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THAT.

I'm sorry for the capslock, but it was necessary. Being irritated by something does not warrant a complaint to the school. And neither does being passive-aggressive about it. That's petty. It's not like I'm saying "I hate religion and I will kill all religious people", because that is WRONG. and I do NOT feel that way. Religion is what makes people say "rape is a gift from god". And don't start arguing about how that's not the religion YOU believe in - that IS a religion, the end.



"You know what's fucked up? The fact that some people need god to be good. Bullshit."

Either the person who reported me was offended by f- and b-, or she's one of those who need god in order to be good. Because there is nothing else to be offended by in this post. I still stand by this, by the way: it's plain ridiculous to claim that morality comes with theism of the Christian variety.

It's quite simple: if you treat a starving man to a meal, then you're obviously being good and kind and you have MORALS.

And who does things like that? Christians. Atheists. Buddhists. In other words, humans in general. And just like that, poof! Your "god-given morality" argument is only so much minuscule dust in the wind.

Everyone has the right to cuss. Everyone has the right to pick holes in horrible arguments. Reporting me for this is petty. Also ridiculous. Very much so.

About cussing online, and school: my school understands that it is ridiculous to expect that all teenagers remain virtuous and speak only in polite terms. Also, in this day and age, cussing has ceased to be taboo, and is now only one of the numerous ways to emphasise your point quickly and rudely - not that it's what my school told me.

Either way - I don't swear in front of teachers. Not once. Ever. I'm serious. I only swear in order to express my extreme exasperation and annoyance, when it would take ten paragraphs to convey the same emotion otherwise.

Do you ever hear anyone say "That's crazy! Not only does that violate every single rule of courtesy, but it also proves that he is a human being who is absurdly unaware of the rules of conduct and is incapable of self-preservation and a complete douchebag with no self-respect! I am amazed at his stupidity and I feel surprisingly angry!"?

No, they say "That's crazy! He's fucked up."

No comments:

Post a Comment