11 April 2012

Today I Harassed A Cat

It was a simple matter of harassment. The girl stared at the innocent cat before letting out what was doubtlessly a pale imitation of a cat's 'meow'. The striped kitty turned to look in unadulterated disgust. That was when the girl bent down and, horrors upon horrors, touched the cat.

... I'm sorry. I was bored, really really bored, and I had nothing else to do. Writing a worthless piece of borderline inaccurate fiction (or non-fiction, depending) seemed like a good idea at that time (one minute ago).

I think I might need to apologize to the poor cat, though, because I actually did kind of harass it. I stroked its head (between the ears), and when it didn't look like it wanted to eat my fingers, I somehow maneuvered my fingers under its throat to scratch that particular part of its anatomy (see how I worded it that way on purpose?).

And it purred.

Oh, and before I continue, I'd like to make it clear that it's a wild cat. Ex-domesticated cat, maybe. Borderline domesticated? Anyway, cats in my area don't bite. I mean, they don't bite without provocation. They're much more likely to just run away.

Back to my long, convoluted, and ultimately useless story: it was purring. I could feel the vibration of its voicebox (not sure about cat anatomy) - because, well, I was stroking it. The cat was stretching its neck out for me to... scratch?

Then I realised that I've been petting it for more than ten minutes and I abruptly stood up, looked at the cat with an expression of utmost sadness, and departed for home.

Really.

Anyway, being the borderline OCD person that I am, I refused to touch anything with the hand that had been happily petting the cat just minutes before, and I had to knock on my own door until someone heard me and opened it for me. I immediately ran to the sink and washed my hands. Multiple times.

That's the end of the cat part.

I do have something else to complain about, though, which is the grammar test I took recently. Grammar test? They must be kidding. How the hell do you survive without grammar? Grammar is everything. Or, uh, almost everything.

That was before I took the test and realised that I had made at least four mistakes.

It was a direct result of having too much time. The test was twenty-five minutes, but I finished the test in five minutes. What ensued was an entire twenty minutes' worth of self-torment. I had an agonizing debate with myself over the correct word(s) to fill into the blank.

Twenty minutes.

Twenty.

Minutes.

After the test, I told myself that I would stop thinking during future grammar tests. It is obviously detrimental to my scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment