12 December 2011

Sometimes You Get Jealous

We've all seen the blogs about pretty girls who ditch school, have trouble passing Maths, and pierce everything.

They're skinny and pretty, don't seem to be addicted to food, appear older than they are, and hang out with guys. But they also have trouble passing subjects, ditch school whenever they want, and university? Never, unless they bribe a lot of important people with a lot of money.

But you get jealous. A little. You don't want to admit it. But really, that kind of idyllic lifestyle is kind of fun. Sounds cool.

It's not that your life sucks. You look fine. You eat food. You occasionally talk to people of the opposite gender. Your grades hover around good and okay, you don't ditch school unless you can wrangle a doctor's note, and university, with some studying, is really quite achievable.

But sometimes being a little stupider and just doing whatever the hell you want without any regard for the future is... desirable.

... Okay, okay, I've just caught myself scrolling through the blog of a girl who's the same age as me, reading her posts, which all have unbearably horrible sentences structure and spelling and... Grammar? Has she heard of grammar? Has she heard of proper legible spelling?

She's pretty, yes.

At first I tried to pass it off as curiosity, which, kind of, failed to explain why I was clicking the 'older posts' link. Surely, surely curiosity doesn't make one suffer through that much pain. (Spelling, grammar, sentence structure, I'm crying.)

Then I realised that I was just a little bit jealous.

Oh god.

How could I...?

Of her...?

I was repulsed, a little. I went 'eww'. Her. Who only has a pretty face.

End of story: I thought about it, rationalized, and thought about it some more. My jealousy disappeared. Although, to tell the truth, I wonder what it would be like to walk around with as empty a head as hers. It would be terrific, goodbye all the logical reasons and worries for the future, and all the endless thoughts that annoy me endlessly with how they endlessly swirl around and never cease.

(The real reason why I went 'eww': She goes to a school which I might have entered, if I had been a lot less intelligent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment